This page is operated by Judici.com, not a court. Links to this page do not constitute endorsement by any court of the content, policies, or services offered here.
See revision history for a summary of all changes.
The Judici.com site is comprised of the following types of content (collectively the "Content"):
- certain information originating in court records maintained by the clerk of each such court (collectively "Data");
- advertisements and searchable directory of service and products (hereinafter the "Advertisements") provided by third party individuals or entities (hereinafter "Advertisers"); and
- other content comprising the Judici.com site.
The only permitted means of access to Judici.com are:
- for a human operator to directly manipulate a Judici.com interface displayed in a web browser showing the Judici URL. This direct manipulation precludes, among other means of access, links on non-Judici.com sites which, when activated by a user, display that page full-screen in a fully operable and navigable browser window and not within a "frame" on the linked website; or
- use of a URL provided by Judici.com as a result of such direct manipulation then "bookmarked" in a web browser.
Except as indicated above, all other means of access to Judici.com are strictly prohibited. Prohibited uses include, but are not limited to:
- a systematic pattern of user searches in a repetitive manner, intended to find data meeting criteria not expressible in a single search (hereinafter "Trolling"). Examples of Trolling include, but are not limited to a series of searches, each on one criminal case number, for the purpose of finding those cases sentenced in a particular way.
- use by an individual not a party to a current subscription agreement with Judici.com, whereby such individual knows or should reasonably know based on common knowledge of the manner in which Judici.com is utilized at such individual's place of business, that such individual is one of more than three individuals concurrently using Judici.com for a commercial purpose benefiting the same entity. Multiple and concurrent users are expected to access Judici.com under a paid subscription agreement, in order to ensure that fair and necessary compensation is provided for the resulting strain that such multiple users place on the various resources associated with operating Judici.com.
Permitted Uses of Downloaded Data. You may use Downloaded Data (and Data with respect to subparagraph (c) only) for the following permitted uses:
- to electronically display the Downloaded Data for your exclusive use or for your company's internal use only,
- to create printouts of the Downloaded Data for your exclusive use or for your company's internal use only,
Prohibited Uses of Downloaded Data. Except as specifically provided in Section 2 above, all other uses of Downloaded Data, including, without limitation, storing, reproducing, transmitting, displaying, copying, or distributing are strictly prohibited. Prohibited uses include, but are not limited to:
- performing searches within the Downloaded Data for any case or court elements of any kind or description, including, but not limited to, case number and litigant name;
- re-selling or re-distributing Downloaded Data through the Internet to users of a service other than Judici.com;
- displaying the Downloaded Data in a computer user interface other than that of Judici.com; or
- creating, developing, modifying, enhancing or otherwise making a derivative work from all or any portion of the Downloaded Data.
- Ownership Rights. All right, title, and interest (including all copyrights and other intellectual property rights) in the Judici.com web site and the Content thereon, except for the Advertisements, belong to the Service Provider. Ownership rights in and to any Advertisements vest solely in the appropriate Advertiser. All Data made available through the Judici.com web site (in both print and machine-readable forms) is the property of the applicable court of origin. You acquire no proprietary interest in the Judici.com site, Content, the Data or copies thereof.
Limited Warranty and Disclaimers.
- Judici.com is an information service, and is not subject to a duty of care with respect to the Content provided. The Data and Advertisements provided on Judici.com are obtained from sources which the Service Provider believes are reliable. The Service Provider expressly disclaims any warranties or guarantees as to the accuracy of the Content and its suitability for a particular use. The Service Provider is not in the business of providing professional advice. Therefore, the Judici.com site and the Content thereon should not be relied on as a substitute for legal or other professional advice.
- The inclusion on Judici.com of Advertisements pertaining to legal services in no way implies that the Service Provider has verified that the Advertiser is licensed to practice law in any jurisdiction or that such a license has not been suspended or under investigation by any disciplinary body. Furthermore, any references in the Advertisements to a specialty practice area shall not be construed as a guarantee that the Advertiser has received any certifications as a specialist in that practice area, nor shall any references be construed as a guaranty of the Advertiser's competency in comparison to others practicing in that area of law. Selection of legal representation is an important personal decision, and should not be based solely upon the Advertisements.
- EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED IN SECTION a), THE JUDICI.COM WEB SITE, AND ALL CONTENT THEREON ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS", "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICE PROVIDER AND ALL COURTS THAT ARE SUPPLIERS OF DATA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, OMISSIONS, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS AND DELAYS. THE SERVICE PROVIDER DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE LIFE OF ANY URL, OR WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO THE JUDICI.COM SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, COMPLETE OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE JUDICI.COM WEB SITE OR THE SERVER(S) THAT MAKE THE JUDICI.COM WEB SITE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. BY USING THE JUDICI.COM SITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THE LIKELIHOOD OF SOME HUMAN AND MACHINE ERRORS, DELAYS, INTERRUPTIONS AND LOSSES, INCLUDING THE INADVERTENT LOSS OF DATA OR DAMAGE TO MEDIA, AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS THE SERVICE PROVIDER FOR ANY VIRAL INFECTION OR OTHER COMPUTER MALFUNCTION CAUSED AT ALL OR IN PART BY YOUR USE OF JUDICI.COM. The performance of Judici.com varies with the manufacturer's equipment with which it is used.
Site Content and Linking Policy.
- The failure of the Service Provider or provider of Data to enforce any provision hereof shall not constitute or be construed as a waiver of such provision or of the right to enforce it at a later time.
- Compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Some of the information reported by Judici.com, including criminal and civil court case records, constitutes consumer information that is regulated by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) when used for any of the purposes specified in the FCRA. Judici.com pages with the name of a single court prominently displayed near the top of the page and intended to facilitate access to the Data of only that court ("Court Pages"), are hosted on Judici.com servers by Judici.com acting as agent of that court. The court, and thus its Court Pages, are exempt from the requirements of the FCRA. Judici pages which aggregate data from multiple courts, are NOT hosted on behalf of a single court, and thus may be subject to the requirements of the FCRA, if and when they are used for any of the purposes specified in the FCRA. For more on your rights under the FCRA, see http://www.judici.com/service/consumer_rights.jsp.
version 12 (Baseline release) -